Friday, June 13, 2014

Original Journey

I wanted to start by saying that I always think I will take pictures of my creative process......but then I get to creating and forget to even look up and see what is happening around me. That being said, I only have one picture of this piece. 

I started by using gesso and then laying out my paper design (but not gluing yet). I added a brick stencil with some homemade texture paste and then glued down my design using Claudine Hellmuth multi-medium. Awesome stuff, buy in BULK! 😋


I added some Tim Holtz gears/cogs and rub ins. Next I inked all of the edges of the canvas with brown archival ink. 

Lastly, I used another stencil, Chicken Coop, with some black ink and I added some flowers after giving them a soft coat of gesso and the bicycle die cut (I purchased the bicycle on Etsy, I don't have a die cutting machine or anything fancy like that, yet!).

Hope you enjoy! Thanks for stopping by my blog and have an awesome day!~€

2 comments:

  1. No comments on this one? It's beautiful! Love all the beautiful stencilled texture and the muted colour scheme!

    Claudia x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Claudia! I made this piece before I knew about challenges and entering challenges. I actually sold this canvas. Surprised me too. Lol.

      Delete