Thursday, November 19, 2015

CAS Christmas Card

Well it sure is chilly outside today but perfect weather to create some Christmas cards. This is my first ever attempt at an almost white card. Happy Holidays! I do have to apologize for the photos. It is snowing outside and kind of dark.
The background was embossed with a new EF from TH-Joy A2. Then I added some DecoArt Snow Writer to the word Holiday. While it was wet some Clear Rock Candy was sprinkled over it. I edged the card base with Fired Brick DI and added the silver filigree corners. 
I just got the MS branch punch (it has been on my wish list for a year) and constructed the tree by layering the branches. I added some red bling gems to represent ornaments and painted the snowflake topper with Stickles.
The trunk of the tree was made from a stick I found in my yard and painted with DecoArt white acrylic paint. 
Hope you all are warm and happy! It is a cold one here today! For the length of time this card took me, this sure is a short post. I have been up to my elbows in balls, ummm, with glitter! Christmas Balls y'all!  I am making a Steampunk Christmas tree and need lots of ornaments. Hehe! Hugz and Carpe Diem! 

This card will be shared with these lovely challenges: 





 My song is-White Christmas by Bing Crosby of course. 

16 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous Niki!!! Love that Christmas tree and the way you decorated it!!! How fun!!!
    Hugs
    Samra

    Paper Talk with Samra

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card, very stylish, love that tree. Have a fantastic weekend, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant, Niki! Love how you've layered all the punched branches, and accented only with the red throughout. And more inspiration to use my Snow Writer! Hope you post a pic of your steampunk tree - sounds fab! xx Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  4. A brilliant idea - layering the branches to form the beautiful tree! VERY clever!
    A lovely card!!!! Hugs, Claudia xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Doc, this is gorgeous!! Love the embossed background, I really need to get me that embossing folder!! Adding the touch of snow to one of the words was pure genius! Your tree is glorious! Must have taken a coon's age to punch out all those little branches but it was totally worth it my friend!! Those red gems just pop against the whites...simply stunning!! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Coons age yes-this CAS card wasn't so S for me. A week in the making! Lol! But if I do it again it could only take 4 days....? Maybe. :)

      Delete
  6. Absolutely stunning, I just love how you constructed the tree and it goes so beautifully against the embossed background (love that EF). I just love the red gems and the coloured snowflake on the top looks fabulous. As CAS cards go, this one is pretty amazing..... Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely brilliant!! I just love this card - especially the stark white with a little bit of red on there. You've really set me off to try and create a tree like that - amazing. Thank you so much for entering the Crafty Calendar (Sparkle, Bling and Embellish!) Challenge this month, lots of luck to you. Hugs Sue Pxxx DT.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card Niki , love the white on white with touches of red ,very striking! Deb xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my, Niki, this is gorgeous! What a beautiful Christmas tree you've created and I love the way you decorated it! Awesome, my dear!
    Huge hugs to you! Branka xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooops! How did I miss this?? What an awesome Christmas card! You say you love Christmas, and it certainly shows in your creativity at this time of the year! ( I've had a peek at your last 3 posts!) I bet that snow is really putting you in the Christmas spirit!

    I'm happy you finally got that punch, because you have really put it to good use here! LOVE that tree! Now that punch is going on MY wish list! CAS, yes, in design, but not in your hard work and time spent, nor the love that you put into this beauty. Genius idea to Snowwrite Holidays! Love this, Punkin! You are an amazing artist! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  11. First attempt at all white. Well, hopefully, it won't be your last because you absolutely ROCKED this one. My mouth actually fell open when I saw this masterpiece over at 4 Crafty Chicks. It is without a doubt, drop-dead gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well dang! I'm so glad you got this punch - you've rocked it! Great card, love every big of it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous I say, love that tree, beautiful embossing as well. Nice song pick. Thank you for playing our Inspired By a Christmas Song Challenge at 4 Crafty Chicks.

    Leanne DT 4CC

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congrats on your win at Crafty Chicks, you crafty chick! Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my word - the branches make a fabulous tree - so dimensional and delightful! What a brilliant idea, and so lovely against the embossed background.
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete